2014 is now here, and what better way to kick start the new year than with a raging hangover and post-party bloat? Now, I myself did not partake in any alcoholic festivities but I didn’t let that stop me from poor choices and self destructive behaviors such as sloth, six hours of television and eating my feelings.
This is a very refreshing drink that I made as an experiment when I was craving ginger, and it is perfect for a hangover of any sort. I won’t call it a juice because I didn’t make it with a juicer. If you have one, simply omit the water, but it will have a much stronger taste.
The apples and ginger are great for nausea and indigestion, and the lemon and cucumber are natural diuretics. I am not some sort of natural foods guru, I just find myself bloated and nauseous on a regular basis and have consequently picked up this information.
- one green apple, cored, peeled and in chunks
- 2 or 3 chunks of pineapple, or more if you like it sweeter
- 1-2 tsp fresh grated ginger, or more if you like it spicier
- half a large cucumber, peeled, seeds cut out, and in chunks
- juice of half a small lemon (about 1 tbsp)
Place everything in a blender, add water until it just reaches top of ingredients, and blend until completely smooth. Strain through fine mesh strainer into bowl, pour into glass and refrigerate.
Happy New Year!!